The Transitional States: Hormones at the Crossroads of Art and Science programme includes a range of public discussions in each city the exhibition visits; Lincoln and London in the UK; Barcelona in Spain; and Bologna in Italy.
Each location will host three free public discussions, where a panel containing specialists from a range of disciplines, including artists, authors, feminist activists, historians, legal experts, LGBT activists, medical professionals, philosophers, and sociologists will explore a variety of topics such as hormone uses and transsexuality, non-binary genders, and intersexuality; hormones and women’s health, birth control, fertility, menopause; hormones, the pharmaceutical industry and sexuality.
Confirmed speakers for these discussions include:
– Prof. Hera Cook (University of Otago), historian of sexuality and Professor of Modern History.
– Fox Fisher, artist, film-maker and trans activist.
– Dr David A. Griffiths (University of Surrey), historian of medicine.
– Paris Lees, writer and broadcaster.
– Owl (Ugla Stefanía), non-binary trans activist, co-creator for My Genderation and Advisor for All About Trans.
– Dr Christina Richards, applied psychologist specialising in sexuality and gender.
– Prof. Celia Roberts (Lancaster University), sociologist and Professor of Gender and Science Studies.
– Rebecca Root, actress, comedian, and star of the hit BBC series, Boy Meets Girl.
– Valentino Vecchietti, intersex rights activist, independent academic and author.
– Dr Janet Weston (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine), historian of medicine and sexuality.
– Prof. Stephen Whittle (Manchester Metropolitan University), transgender activist and Professor of Equalities Law.