The Transitional States: Hormones at the Crossroads of Art and Science programme includes a range of public discussions in each city the exhibition visits; Lincoln and London in the UK; Barcelona in Spain; and Bologna in Italy.
Each location will host three free public discussions, where a panel containing specialists from a range of disciplines, including artists, authors, feminist activists, historians, legal experts, LGBT activists, medical professionals, philosophers, and sociologists will explore a variety of topics such as hormone uses and trans, intersexual and gender diverse people; hormones and women’s health, birth control, fertility, menopause; hormones, the pharmaceutical industry and sexuality.
Speakers for these discussions include:
– Alessia/Leo Acquistapace (Consultoria Transfemminista Queer Bologna, Italy), activist.
– Dr Chiara Beccalossi (University of Lincoln, UK), historian of sexuality and medicine.
– Valentina Coletta (M.I.T, Italy), activist.
– Dr Hera Cook (University of Otago, New Zealand), historian of sexuality and modern history.
– Mijke van der Drift (Goldsmiths University of London, UK), transfeminist activist, video maker.
– Dr Alex Dymock (Royal Holloway University of London, UK), researcher in socio-legal studies and cultural criminology.
– Sam Fernández, researcher, trainer and activist in gender and diversity.
– Dr Olivia/Roger Fiorilli (Paris Cermes3, France), researcher, and transfeminist activist.
– Fox Fisher, artist, film-maker and non-binary trans activist.
– Dr David A. Griffiths (University of Surrey, UK), historian of medicine.
– Dr Alana Harris (King’s College London, UK) historian of sexuality and modern British history.
– Sarah Homewood, artist.
– Dr Ericka Johnson (Linköping University, Sweden), medical sociologist.
– Porpora Marcasciano (M.I.T, Italy) transfeminist activist.
– Diego Marchante (GenderHacker), transfeminist activist and video artist.
– Miquel Missé, sociologist and trans activist.
– Owl (Ugla Stefanía Kristjóttir Jónsdóttir), non-binary trans activist, co-creator for My Genderation and Advisor for All About Trans.
– Paul B. Preciado, philosopher and curator.
– Dr Christina Richards, applied psychologist specialising in sexuality and gender.
– Prof. Celia Roberts (Lancaster University, UK), sociologist and Professor of Gender and Science Studies.
– Rebecca Root, actress, comedian, and star of the hit BBC series, Boy Meets Girl.
– Holly Slingsby, artist.
– Richard Thunder, YouTube host and LGBT activist.
– Storm Turchi (TMW Italia, Trans Media Watch), activist.
– Valentino Vecchietti, intersex rights activist, independent academic and author.
– Vick Virtù (M.I.T, Italy), transfeminist activist and researcher.
– Dr Janet Weston (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK), historian of medicine and sexuality.
– Prof. Stephen Whittle (Manchester Metropolitan University, UK), transgender activist and Professor of Equalities Law.